Film info

On the trail of Barbarossa

That’s Kaiserslautern’s new attraction:  the underground corridors under the imperial estate.

“Barbarossa Castle”—that’s what the old sandstone walls at the foot of the city hall are commonly called. Imperial Palace is the correct name.  Emperor Friedrich 1., called “Barbarossa” by the Italians because of his red shock of hair, had the Imperial Palace built in 1152.  Today there remains only a couple of walls and the later-built “Casimir Hall” – and the underground corridors.  And the city of Kaiserslautern has converted them into a museum:  video installations, light boxes, information displays — Kaiserslautern’s history attractive and compact.

The tourist information of Kaiserslautern offers regular tours.  Special tours are available for groups.

Tourist-Information Kaiserslautern
Tel.:0631/3652317
touristinformation(at)kaiserslautern(dot)de
http://www.kaiserslautern.de/
http://www.mecklerundpartner.de/

 


Palatinate Museum for Natural History

The plant and animal world of the Palatinate: smelling herbs, touching animal fur and marveling at the exhibits.

Bike paths in the Kusel district

Three different bike paths open up many places of interest in the Kusel district.

Sightseeing flight around the Palatinate

Castles, buildings and mountains: the beauties of the Palatinate from a bird’s eye perspective.

Collegiate Church of Kaiserslautern

The Collegiate Church lies in the center of Kaiserslautern. And no one less than Emperor Barbarossa gave the signal to start building it.

Search and find