Film info

On the trail of Barbarossa

That’s Kaiserslautern’s new attraction:  the underground corridors under the imperial estate.

“Barbarossa Castle”—that’s what the old sandstone walls at the foot of the city hall are commonly called. Imperial Palace is the correct name.  Emperor Friedrich 1., called “Barbarossa” by the Italians because of his red shock of hair, had the Imperial Palace built in 1152.  Today there remains only a couple of walls and the later-built “Casimir Hall” – and the underground corridors.  And the city of Kaiserslautern has converted them into a museum:  video installations, light boxes, information displays — Kaiserslautern’s history attractive and compact.

The tourist information of Kaiserslautern offers regular tours.  Special tours are available for groups.

Tourist-Information Kaiserslautern
Tel.:0631/3652317
touristinformation(at)kaiserslautern(dot)de
http://www.kaiserslautern.de/
http://www.mecklerundpartner.de/

 


Towers on the Edge of the Haardt

There are around 20 towers in the Palatinate forest, often with fantastic views. Especially on the edge of the Haardt.

Felsenburg Berwartstein

Welcome to the Middle Ages at one of the most beautiful castles of the Palatinate.

On the trail of Barbarossa

Barbarossa city: with this moniker Kaiserslautern gladly and rightly adorns itself – because the emperor left his mark.

Memorial Church – History in Glass

There are 36 extraordinarily impressive windows, which lend their special charm to the Memorial Church in Speyer.

 << 

 < 

 1 

 2 

 3 

 > 

 >> 

Search and find