Film info

On the trail of Barbarossa

That’s Kaiserslautern’s new attraction:  the underground corridors under the imperial estate.

“Barbarossa Castle”—that’s what the old sandstone walls at the foot of the city hall are commonly called. Imperial Palace is the correct name.  Emperor Friedrich 1., called “Barbarossa” by the Italians because of his red shock of hair, had the Imperial Palace built in 1152.  Today there remains only a couple of walls and the later-built “Casimir Hall” – and the underground corridors.  And the city of Kaiserslautern has converted them into a museum:  video installations, light boxes, information displays — Kaiserslautern’s history attractive and compact.

The tourist information of Kaiserslautern offers regular tours.  Special tours are available for groups.

Tourist-Information Kaiserslautern
Tel.:0631/3652317
touristinformation(at)kaiserslautern(dot)de
http://www.kaiserslautern.de/
http://www.mecklerundpartner.de/

 


Bicycle handcar Altenglan-Staudernheim

The route through the Glan valley is 40 kilometers long. It is well-suited for families.

Bike paths in the Kusel district

Three different bike paths open up many places of interest in the Kusel district.

Destination Kaiserslautern

Only a stone’s throw to the middle of nature: the surroundings of Kaiserslautern are pure quality of life.

Dürkheim Sausage Market

The largest wine festival in the world. Every year in september.

 << 

 < 

 1 

 2 

 > 

 >> 

Search and find